Start by opening File Explorer and then navigating to the folder where Windows 10 stores your program shortcuts: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
Opening that folder should display a list of program shortcuts and subfolders.
Where can I find Startup folder in Windows 10?
Windows 10 startup folder location. These programs start up for the current logged in user only. To directly access this folder, open Run, type shell:startup and hit Enter. Or to quickly open the folder, press WinKey, type shell:startup and hit Enter.
Where is the Windows start menu folder?
The location C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu will open. You can create shortcuts here and they’ll show up for all users. You could navigate directly to this folder, but it’s hidden by default, so you’d have to select the “Show hidden files, folders and drives” folder option.
How do I clean up the Start menu in Windows 10?
To remove a desktop app from the Windows 10 Start Menu’s All Apps list, first head to Start > All Apps and find the app in question. Right-click on its icon and select More > Open File Location. Of note, you can only right-click on an application itself, and not a folder that the app might reside in.
Where is the All Users folder in Windows 10?
In Windows 10 Login as Administrator (Local Admin). Go to Control Panel > File Explorer Options > click on the View tab > under Advanced settings: look for hidden files and folders > choose “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” and click “OK”. The “public desktop” folder is normally a hidden folder.
How do I get to startup programs in Windows 10?
Change which apps run automatically at startup in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Startup. Make sure any app you want to run at startup is turned On.
- If you don’t see the Startup option in Settings, right-click the Start button, select Task Manager, then select the Startup tab. (If you don’t see the Startup tab, select More details.)
Where can I find the Startup folder?
Your personal startup folder should be C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. The All Users startup folder should be C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. You can create the folders if they aren’t there. Enable viewing of hidden folders to see them.
How do I get the Classic Start menu in Windows 10?
If you want to get back to that dialog box, right-click the Start button and select Settings. Here you’ll be able to select your choice of three menu designs: “Classic style” looks pre-XP, except with a search field (not really needed since Windows 10 has one in the taskbar).
How do I change the Start Menu folder in Windows 10?
How to change the color of the Start Menu in Windows 10
- Click on the Start Menu. It’s the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Colors.
- Click on the color you want.
How do I add a folder to the Start menu in Windows 10?
Add Folder Locations to Windows 10 Start Menu. To add or remove locations on the Start menu, head to Settings > Personalization > Start. The easiest way to get there is right-click the desktop and then Personalize. Next scroll down and in the left panel click Choose which folders appear on Start.
Where is the Public folder in Windows 10?
On Windows 10, similar to previous versions, the folder is located in C:\Users\Public, and by default all user accounts on a computer have access to it. However, depending on your network configuration, you’ll be limiting access to only network users who have a password protected account on your computer.
How do I move my user folder to another drive Windows 10?
In order to relocate the default user account folders to a new location on Windows 10, do the following:
- Open File Explorer (Windows key + E).
- Click on This PC from the left pane.
- Under “Devices and drives,” browse to the new location.
- In the new location create a folder for each piece of content you want to move.
How do I add programs to startup in Windows 10?
How to Make Modern Apps Run on Startup in Windows 10
- Open the startup folder: press Win+R , type shell:startup , hit Enter .
- Open the Modern apps folder: press Win+R , type shell:appsfolder , press Enter .
- Drag the apps you need to launch on startup from the first to the second folder and select Create shortcut:
Is there a Startup folder in Windows 10?
Shortcut to the Windows 10 Startup Folder. To quickly access the All Users Startup Folder in Windows 10, open the Run dialog box (Windows Key + R), type shell:common startup, and click OK. A new File Explorer Window will open displaying the All Users Startup Folder.
What startup programs does Windows 10 need?
You can change startup programs in Task Manager. To launch it, simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Or, right-click on the taskbar at the bottom of the desktop and choose Task Manager from the menu that appears. Another way in Windows 10 is to right-click the Start Menu icon and choose Task Manager.
How do I add a program to the Start menu in Windows 10?
To add programs or apps to the Start menu, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button and then click the words All Apps in the menu’s lower-left corner.
- Right-click the item you want to appear on the Start menu; then choose Pin to Start.
- From the desktop, right-click desired items and choose Pin to Start.
How do I open the Start menu in Windows 10?
This is the easiest way to access Windows 10 boot options.
- All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC.
- Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options.
- Now press and hold the Shift key and click on “Restart”.
How do I start Rainmeter on startup?
Open the Task Manager, then click the “Startup” tab. Take a look at the Startup listing and click the status until it shows the “Enabled” function. Once you switch on your computer, the Rainmeter apps will automatically appear on the desktop screen.
How do I access the Windows Start menu?
System Configuration Utility (Windows 7)
- Press Win-r . In the “Open:” field, type msconfig and press Enter .
- Click the Startup tab.
- Uncheck the items you do not want to launch on startup. Note:
- When you have finished making your selections, click OK.
- In the box that appears, click Restart to restart your computer.
How do I add a folder to the Start menu?
Start Menu items, files and folders, are stored in C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. You can open Start Menu folder also by clicking and right clicking All Programs, then choosing Open All Users. Just create a new folder a copy an existing here.
How do I organize the Start menu in Windows 10?
How to organise your Start Menu apps list in Windows 10
- Right-click the item.
- Click “More” > “Open file location”
- In the File Explorer window which appears, click the item and press the “Delete key”
- You can create new shortcuts and folders in this directory to display them in the Start menu.
Where is Start menu PIN stored?
Taskbar shortcuts are located in: %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar .
Photo in the article by “はてなフォトライフ”
You May Like Also